Monday, November 04, 2002

Evening out

Saturday came, the evening when Castor and I went out for a whole evening sans Special K for dinner and the opera Abduction from the Seraglio. I tried to stay positive about it and push away the guilt and fear. I talked to Special K again that day. She seemed to listen. I gave her a goodbye breastfeed just before we left which seemed to make her happy. Though when Robin the babysitter arrived, SK protested a little when placed in her arms, but Robin allowed her to stand on her lap. We left and SK watched us go with a somber expression. We met my dad at a Cuban restaurant and went to the opera. I tried and mostly succeeded not to worry about SK. We had a lovely time.

We arrived home after 7 hours to a silent house. Silence is bliss in this case. Robin said SK only cried a little. SK believes in laughing and crying before bedtime, so this is normal. Robin looked calm and content. I was amazed and very relieved. I feel a great burden has been lifted from me. It's funny how little things like this can mean so much.

No comments: