Friday, April 27, 2007

Gratitude journal

I've been trying to think what to do with this blog. I have my LJ. It's where I started and where I feel most comfortable. I have a little community there. Here I don't...at least not yet.

But I realized this blog has a place. I tend to record more negative things than positive because I tend to focus on the positive. I record the negative so as to lay my burden down. I think this gives a skewed version of my life. I don't care so much about that since no blog can capture the complexity of a person's life. What I do care about though is that I don't have the greatest memory. I want to record the everyday things that make me happy.

I also find myself falling into the pattern of my parents. When people ask me about my kids I talk about problems or funny things. I find it hard to say to others that I really really really adore my kids although I tell them all the time. I guess it's a lot better than the other way around. So in this blog I will try to record the things I'm grateful for.

No comments: