Sunday, May 29, 2005

Little T's latest trick: Yanking and strangulation (yikes)

Little T demonstrated his latest trick twice yesterday. He can use his newfound dexterity to yank out his NG tube, even though it's taped close to his face. We keep trying different techniques and he figures them out and yanks it out again. Then he gazes up at us with a huge triumphant grin. Often I want to smile back at him and cheer "Good for you! Nothing wrong with your brain!"

Perhaps in revenge for its ill treatment, his tube tried to strangle him last night. I woke to his feeding pump beeping insistently: Flow blocked. The flow was blocked, because the tube was wrapped around his neck!! I have no idea how it happened except he must have been pulling it. I unwrapped it from his neck and he went back to sleep. I hope he doesn't try any tube tricks tonight!

No comments: