Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'll be published in a book!

Woo hoo!! I'm very pleased to announce that I sold my very first piece of writing, a personal essay "Gimp Geek." It will appear in the anthology She's Such a Geek due out in November from Seal Press, an imprint of Avalon Publishing.


I hope the title of the book is a propitious start to my writing career. I'm also excited about some of the other writers and fellow geeks who will be in the collection with me.

I'd like to thank C most of all for reading the story over and over again especially when it was just to tell me it would get better, Annalee and Charlie for editing it and telling me to make a more satisfying ending, and my sister for helpful comments and editing, for words of enthusiasm and encouragement, and for great line edits and final proofing.

I'd also like to thank my friend Mary Anne who believed in my writing over ten years ago when I was incredibly shy about it and very far from wanting to be published. Since then and to this day, whenever we talk, she asks me in a friendly voice, "How's your writing going?" Every writer should have a friend like Mary Anne.

No comments: