Sunday, January 06, 2008

1234567890 seconds old

Yesterday my husband threw me a surprise birthday party to celebrate my being 1234567890 seconds old.

I loved the idea as a total nerd and because my regular birthday always falls right around Thanksgiving.

All my life I've wanted a surprise party. My husband finally pulled one off.

So far this seems to be a year of my dreams coming true, but all was not sunshine quite literally.

We drove through a terrible storm to get the kind friends who hosted my party.
And my parents' power had been out for the last 48 hours and so had all her friends, so my sister-in-law and sister baked my cake at the last minute.

My dad said that they got home to a cold dark house, and then a minute later the house lit up again like magic.

The whole thing was a great symbol of my life so far.

3 comments:

Meeeee said...

Hi Thida, I don't really know where to start. I saw you linked on Jen's blog (Quest of a dystonic buddhist neuroscientist) yesterday but I didn't pay much attention to it. Then I type Myoclonic Dystonia into Google 20 minutes ago and I end up at your blog and I read that you have Myoclonic Dystonia.

Now I'm trembling all over cuz I have never actually run into anyone other than myself and my cousin who has Myoclonic Dystonia.

I don't really know what else to say other than "hi" hehe. Am a bit flabbergasted *blush*

http://g33k-powered.blogspot.com/

Daisy said...

What a fabulous excuse for a party!

Thida said...

Welcome Suzy!! Wow no one in my family has it. I have the non dominant form so no one knows that to do with me.

And Daisy it was most excellent. :)