Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Running monologue

Special K has entered the running monologue stage of development. For example today she told me that my slippers were black, but they could be green like leaves a frog or red like a fire engine or brown like a bear. And many different things about the colours it could be. It went on for a couple minutes. I can't remember it all. Then as we were walking along to the library, she told me about climbing trees and how you need a long ladder to climb trees.

It's really pretty neat to see inside her mind. Though still sometimes when I ask her a question usually related to matters of time, she replies "I don't know the words." Time appears to be relatively fluid to her. A lot of things happen last year including things that happened yesterday.

Little T's platelets were 90 today and his fibronogen was 120. We were disappointed, because we hoped his platelets would be better instead of about the same as last week. We'll continue his steroids at the same dose and hope that next week will be better.

We go on Wednesday next week instead of Tuesday. The hematologists are going to a conference in Atlanta. I asked, "Don't doctors usually have conferences in more of a vacation destination?" Little T's hematologist answered "The conference was originally going to be held last week in New Orleans." Ouch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when kids are at that stage because hearing how they connect things fascinates me and helps me remember how different everyone is in their views of the world.