Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sock killer

Gconnor has Sophie, Killer of Socks Well, our cats are also brave sock killers. They hunt down socks from our neighbours and bring to them to our back porch. Right now their trophies include a blue baby sock, a man's white athletic sock and a woman's black sock. I have no idea where they came from. And they remain on our mat. I can't match my cats' bravery. I hesitate to knock on a neighbour's door, sock in hand, and say "Excuse me, but I think my cats might have stolen your sock. Does this sock belong to you?"

I wonder how the cats steal these socks. Do our neighbours hang socks out to dry and the cats steal from the line? Do the cats sidle into the house all plantative and folorn and while the neighbours' backs are turned, my cats sneak socks? Do the cats creep into the house on little cat feet and whisk away socks? The cats aren't saying.

No comments: