Tuesday, September 25, 2007

An apology to Louie

Dear Louie
I am very sorry. I let you down. I was scared instead of trusting that you'd keep me safe. You've always kept me safe. I didn't mean to. It wasn't something I thought about. Falling down when in doubt is what I've always done. Trust is harder for me.

I still remember the stunned look on your face as you stared at me lying hurt on the ground.

I also want you to know it's not your fault that I came off or that you spooked. The log falling down was pretty startling. The log crashing against the metal garbage can was more than any guy could bear especially a sensitive guy like you. Even so you didn't buck or anything. You just backed up twice. I didn't expect the second time or the incredibly loud noise.

My husband is also really sorry too. It's why I've held off posting this but I think my apology to you is long overdue.

You are indeed a very special horse and very trustworthy. I do trust you. I will really try to do better next time.

Lots of love

No comments: