Sunday, September 16, 2007

If wishes were dogs

"If wishes were horses beggars would ride" is an old old saying.

Today I can't help wishing that wishes were dogs. On Tuesday my son will go to the hospital for 1-5 days for testing. A parent has to be there at all times. I can't help wishing my service dog could be there. My dog whom I don't have yet. A dog who could sit there and be a friend to us.

I include no photo since it doesn't matter what the dog looks like as long as the dog is patient and loving and can sit for a while.

But I'd also have to wish for proper training and the right dog for me and my family. A lot of wishes that I can't make true right now. It's just the way things work.

Instead I spend my wishes that my son's stay will be short and relatively sweet.

No comments: