Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Just another ordinary miracle on Monday

Little T is going to preschool on Monday.
Little T is going to preschool on Monday.
Little T is going to preschool on Monday.

Yes I have to write that three times to believe it. I know it's ordinary for most folks. But three years ago I wouldn't have believed it. It's a miracle to me that my little baby has made it this far. But even at 1 week old the look of determination on his face struggling to survive showed he'd go far.

He will go four mornings a week on the special ed bus. I think it's the right preschool for him. It's a preschool for kids who are cognitively and socially typical but have physical special needs.

Four mornings a week I will have an empty house.

Lest anyone think I will sit around and eat bonbons since after all we SAHMs have nothing better to do. I still have some ongoing issues to deal with. Ironically much of these involve ensuring his success in preschool and beyond. Oh yes and I have my own sadly neglected health issues to deal with.

Three years ago my baby was still in the NICU. We went to the 25th NICU grad party this weekend. Doesn't he look like a preschooler now?

When I said I was going there my dad said "I don't like to look back and remember." I think my dad is missing out on seeing how far my little guy has come.

No comments: