Friday, July 15, 2005

Little T's tube ripping & K helps herself

Little T now rips out his NG tube twice a day -- once in the morning and once in the evening. It reminds us we have something to look forward to if his G-tube surgery goes well.

K has taken to helping herself to food from the fridge and taking paper towels and wiping any messes she makes, not necessarily actually cleaning them, but at least trying to. She also wipes T's face. He doesn't mind, though he cries when C or I do it. I'm torn between marvelling at her newfound independence and frustration because she leaves bits of cheese, and crumbs all over the floor. I also worry slightly if Special K will remember her childhood as one where she had to scavenge for food, because her parents were too busy looking after Little T. Never mind that C and I still provide 3 meals a day for her and of course I shop for everything.

No comments: