Monday, August 01, 2005

I hit myself hard

On Saturday I thwacked my left middle and ring finger hard against the inside of my right arm. It really really hurt. My right arm stung for a day. My left fingers still hurt. Hitting myself is a pretty common occurence with my movement disorder, but usually my injuries don't last this long. Please help me feel a bit better. Not schadefreude, but let me know I'm not alone. Please tell me the most interesting or worst way you've injured yourself accidentally. Extra points if other objects were not involved.

4 comments:

gconnor said...

ouch!

I'm sure I have some interesting ones but my brain is empty right now.

Be well.

Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

I gave myself a bad (blistered) coin-sized burn on my inside arm from the steam shooting out of my teakettle. I didn't know you could do that with steam. The ironic thing is, I was having a bad day, and I had decided to make tea to make myself feel better. Hah!

I've also walked into doors, more than once, leaving myself with huge obvious bumps on my head. No, Kevin doesn't beat me. It's all me. Sigh.

Jenny said...

When I was crazy and not sleeping, just after Halloween 2002, I was having yet another sleepless night, and rolled over reaching to my nightstand in a 3 a.m. haze. Bonk! I hit my forehead on the corner of the nightstand and made a 1-inch gash, right in the middle of it. It was pretty gruesome.

The scar reminds me of how out-of-it I was during those times.

Thida said...

Thanks for sharing your stories!! It makes me feel less alone. Though my fingers still hurt.