Sunday, August 28, 2005

Strange milestones

Little T just learned how to raspberry. He raspberries with great concentration and effort with a very serious expression. Then he grins hugely. It's really cute. He also said "bah" once for the first time yesterday. Perhaps the two are related. In any case, I think raspberries are a milestone. His OTs keep asking if he does them.

I told Special K a month or so ago that she must never go into someone's house or car unless Mummy or Daddy says it's okay, even if it's someone she knows. Today she told me that our nanny asked her if she would go with her to her friend's house and she said no. Now this may be the same incident that I talked to her and our nanny about a month ago. Special K's sense of time is a little strange. However it does mean that the lesson has stayed with her. I consider this her first lesson in personal safety. It's too bad I have to start teaching her so young.

For the first time since Little T was born, C is more than a hundred miles away and will be gone more than 24 hours. Definitely a milestone. He's at my brother's bachelor's weekend and will be back later today. So far so good.

And I'll end on a kid-related, but non-milestone related note: As soon as Special K falls asleep, Little T wakes up. How does he know? He's upstairs in his cot. She's downstairs sleeping on the couch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He raspberries with great concentration and effort with a very serious expression. Then he grins hugely.

That's a great image. It made me smile imagining it. Thanks!